wFeb 25, 2006


Sloth: HEY, YOU GUY-EYYYYYESSSS!

A little while ago, I took some of those cold pills for PM only. So....I'm sure it influenced this blog post.

So going to sleep Thursday night ended up okay - no waking up at all. I thought I was going to collapse when Chad and I walked to his apartment with my stuff, though - and I didn't have very much! Holy crap.

Anyway, Chad's cousin drove us home, which was more exciting than usual. While in line at a McDonald's drivethrough, we realized there was an abornomal gurgling noise coming from the engine. After acquiring food, the hood is popped for inspection. The hood will then no longer latch shut. A man at a gas station armed with WD-40 fixes the hood. And the consensus after discussing the matter with various people in Chad's family regarding the issue under the hood is to turn up the radio. So, this is what we do. I spend much of the ride envisioning my life going up in a big fireball. That is, until we're about 30 minutes away from home and Chad's cousin goes, "I lost it!" Lost what? Oh. The car has lost power. In the middle of the highway. We do get to the side (yay, we're in the left lane), but the car is still partially in the lane. Turning the ignition all the way is impossible, but results do produce a smoking engine. What's neat about being on the side of the highway with the emergency flashers on, waiting for the state trooper to come, is that even though you are not parked on the crest of a hill, or around a curve, but are on a straight section of road - cars will not skirt you. They will not switch lanes. These cars are so close that I swear to God I can feel them brushing our car. If nothing else, when they pass, we rock back and forth rather violently. Images of the fireball are replaced with getting clipped by a semi.

Of course, when the state trooper comes, nobody has problems switching lanes. KTHX. The tow truck hooked itself up to the front wheels while we were still in the car....I thought we were going to die - me from an anxiety attack and Chad from laughing at me. Eventually, Chad's dad comes and we return home. I race across the street and stumble in the living room with 3 MINUTES TO SPARE IN TIME FOR BATTLESTAR GALACTICA! God loves me.

Mom had noodle soup waiting for me. omg. So good. And then she was all, "When this is over, you go straight to bed! No computer!" So that's what I did.

And when I woke up at 7:00 am this morning....I had slept for 8 hours, damn it.

Oh, yeah. My parents got DSL! I am blogging from underneath my covers right now. This is so awesome! So, yeah. I tried working on my paper all day. And I have this outline. And I think that in all likelihood it sucks, but it's what I've got and I have less than 36 hours to make it work. .....Yeah, definitely not counting hours any more.

Julie and Kevin and the kids came over for dinner tonight. We watched The Goonies. I'd forgotten how much I love that movie! SO GOOD!

I really don't want to go back to school. There is really good cracker spread in the fridge. Living in the dorms can be so disgusting sometimes....everything is so much cleaner here. The thought of finishing this paper tomorrow makes me want to cry. I'm behind on the readings in all of my classes, and the week before Spring Break, I have 3 midterms.
I don't know why, but for some reason I thought that coming home would just magically make me feel better. I mean, it did mentally and everything, but I still feel disgusting. At least now it's just my...sinuses, I think? Oh my God, I think my stomach is growling, signaling that I'm hungry for the first time since Monday. I should go take care of that.

Is it summer yet?

Current Music: regret - Le Portrait de Petite Cossette OST
scribbled mystickeeper at 10:52 PM
5 comments
5 Comments:

I know it's cold outside, but I would've probably waited outside of the car where it was safe.

OMG. I don't want to go back either. Naturally I've done nothing productive here either, but it is a little hard when we spend most of our time up at the hospital. At the same time I wouldn't want my dad to have to be there alone.

I'm staying up to watch jaws, and I bet it won't end until 2:00, maybe 1:45. Awesome. Maybe I should do homework now at the same time...

By Blogger Steph, at 1:15 AM, February 26, 2006  

When walking from Chad's cousin's car to Chad's dad's car, it was felt that it was definitely safer in the car and we were probably smart to have stayed in it. It was dark outside, and even though they weren't pulling over, a car with flashing lights is much more visible than 3 people standing in a ditch.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 10:06 AM, February 26, 2006  

;_; I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Get better soon!!

And alas...no, it is not summer yet. Oh, how I wish it was. x.x

By Blogger Jenny, at 3:19 PM, February 26, 2006  

Sorry I had to hang up so abruptly yesterday. I read your thing and was soooooo ready to get bitchy....because that is what Ryan does. >) Anyways, I won't comment on what you said on AIM here but we shall talk soon. Good bye whore..


OH AND NOT TO..........I mean yeah, I'm fucking going to brag.

One minute down on my 2-mile run.

+14 situps.

-4 pounds. Not much but I am now able to sit on wall based toilets which only can tolerate 250 lbs. I can use the hosptial staffs restroom when I come home. YEYS!

Ok, I can be happy for like 15 minutes until physiology pleh.

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:36 AM, February 27, 2006  

I think you're pretty cool. I'm happy you had adventures, inconvenient as they might be. Adventures make the world worth it.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 11:18 PM, February 27, 2006  

Post a Comment