wFeb 19, 2006


My Weekend. Simple, but happy.

I should really just make myself go to sleep, but the blog calls me.

I think that Friday's English midterm went okay except that I incorrectly identified the speaker of the passage. I guess I'll find out how important that tidbit was.... I was surprisingly not tired yesterday, despite being up until around 3:00 studying/talking to Steph.

Friday afternoon, I dragged Chad to this lecture/panel discussion on the 2nd Ammendment. My Criminal Law & Justice prof was the moderator, and my old Political Theory prof was there - I guess the speaker was his roommate in grad school. I thought it was really interesting and cool; Chad was ready to kill me. We went to his house and ordered subs. We watched the first couple episodes of The Office (US version), and I liked it a lot. I like Jim! Then Paul came, and we played Civilization until after 2:00 am, with Battlestar Galactica sandwiched in there. I ate a lot of Chad's chocolate-covered espresso beans, which probably are what made me so awake.

Civilization has many incarnations, but it's a PC game in which you (surprise!) construct your own civilization from scratch. You fight wars, found religions, and farm stuff. Mostly, we press the 'Enter' key on the keyboard. There is a multiplayer feature, though, so we got to play against each other.

It was about 15 degrees below 0 when we left Chad's, and for whatever reason, the bus decided not to stop for us at the bus stop and we had to walk all the way to the Union. I seriously thought I was going to die. Until we came across a girl wearing a ridiculous short, white, threadbare miniskirt. What the hell is wrong with some people? I don't know.

Today, I basically denied reality all day long by playing Civilization II, until going to Anime Club for a short time. The only series I like is Honey and Clover, so that's all I go for. I think it might end up being one of my favorite series, though. It's about a group of students in college, at an art school in Japan, and details their four years in school. The art is pretty, the music is good, and I think they do a good job of capturing both the drama and hilarity of college life.

After that, Louise and I went to Chad's for an essential repeat of Friday night, except that tonight the 81 actually stopped for us.

I haven't gotten anything done yet this weekend, but for some reason, I felt like I just needed two days to forget about everything and I do feel a lot better now. Anyway, I should sleep; I'm getting up at 9:15.
scribbled mystickeeper at 2:14 AM
1 comments
1 Comments:

I love The Office! Glad you liked it.

By Blogger Dave, at 9:31 AM, February 19, 2006  

Post a Comment