wJan 8, 2006


Yes, I am still here

I suppose I should write in here, as it's been a while. I don't have much time, though. New episodes of West Wing air tonight - I think they're showing two? It'll be strange to see Leo, as his actor is the one who died in December.

The last couple of days have been a strange blur. Working, though my last day will be tomorrow. I had meant for it to be Thursday, but the schedule just worked out that tomorrow's my last day. I am okay with this. I also decided to reread the 5th and 6th Harry Potter books. I'm about 1/4 through the 6th, having started it this afternoon. Those books are dangerous, I swear it. You pick one up and without meaning to, you lose yourself for an hour and a half until, a hundred pages later, you look up and realize that you had meant to get some things done in that time. Oh, well.

I do appreciate J.K. Rowling's writing style. Whenever I read those books, I feel as though my grammar improves, or maybe my sentence structure. Her characters and descriptions are always so intelligent. Of course, a Harry Potter reread wouldn't be complete without my raising questions. I've marked quite a few passages (mostly from book 5), though, and expect to write in my LiveJournal about it at some point. Rereading book 6 is quite fun now. It disappointed me because it wasn't what I expected at all, but now that I already know what to expect, it is a more pleasant read.

Ryan has leant me the first two seasons of Battlestar Galactica. After starting just Friday evening, I am already 1/6 through season 2. That show is so good! I love Apollo, holy crap. I need a new background image for my laptop when I get back to school. He is (so) hot.

I rarely spend any time on the Internet, because, as you all know, I find this computer and its Internet connection frustratingly slow and irritating. When I go back to school, I'd like to spend a bit more time online than I'm doing right now - maybe once per day, but I'd really like to cut myself off from it. I spend way too much time on it, and if I have that much free time, I could spend it studying (I sound like my mother) or reading the mountains of unread books I own or writing or even watching anime. So, I guess I can add that as a 14th resolution for the New Year.

Anyway, I should probably go. Kristy is dog-sitting for Chad's family and we should probably figure out how to set up the TiVo so that Chad can watch the episodes when he comes back.

I have very much enjoyed this break from school, and I feel I've accomplished a lot. However, I'm not really dreading going back to school. I miss my friends and I'm very excited about all of my classes (no science this semester - 2 poli sci and 2 English, yes!).

Labels:

scribbled mystickeeper at 6:39 PM
2 comments
2 Comments:

I just remembered that we didn't go get my Christmas present from your house last night. Do you want to just save it for my birthday?

By Blogger Kristy, at 10:15 PM, January 09, 2006  

Well if you're going to be a snot about it, MAYBE I'LL JUST KEEP IT, >O

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 12:28 AM, January 10, 2006  

Post a Comment