wDec 15, 2005


i just want to read books all day, :/

Our last Political Theory lecture was today, and it was pretty awesome. The professor, TA, and some grad students were having this massive debate as a review. The professor was acting as Nietzsche, and talking about how there is no perfect future, no right answers, etc. with existentialism, and was talking about how we need to decide for ourselves whether or not we're going to leave the valley and climb the mountain. There are 15 minutes left in class. "I certainly hope that you will all climb the mountain." He grabbed his coat and swiftly walked out the door, leaving flabbergasted TAs/grad students. BEST EXIT BY A PROFESSOR EVER.

I'm going to miss that class a lot....hands down my favorite class this semester. It seems like I have one class like that every semester - that is so intellectually stimulating, so deep, so engaging, and so intelligently presented by the professor that I just want to start up a lifelong correspondence with him (thus far, they've all happened to be male) at the end of the last lecture.

My brain is full with a lot of Geology knowledge at the moment. I hope tomorrow's lab exam goes well. I still have some spare moments during which I'll be able study before the exam. After that, though, I won't be able to relax quite yet - the Political Theory exam is Friday night. I'm quite frightened at the prospect right now, but I'm thinking that I'll feel better after tomorrow's section.

I went copy editing again tonight because it's the last issue of the semester. I got to witness interpretive dancing to "Colors of the Wind" and also be present for Ben's last night as copy chief. He has promised to copy edit with us on Monday nights, though.

I had begun to despair about my Geology exam, but then Steph and I sang along to "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid, and everything was okay.

Gretchen, are we still planning on watching Moulin Rouge at some point? I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot for the last couple days, ;) Saturday would be good - Friday's exam is done at 9:25, too - maybe after that would be good as well.

This morning I signed up for a class called "Vampire in Literature and Films." More details here.

And now to get "a good night's sleep" and take this damn exam!

Current Music: When You're Falling - Afro Celts (this song must be listened to at full blast for the best effect)
scribbled mystickeeper at 1:07 AM
2 comments
2 Comments:

I have a 7:25pm exam on Friday that I'm probably gonna have to cram for... howabout we talk about it in scifi? You need to at least stop by to say hello to me!!! I will cry if everyone skips again.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 7:53 AM, December 15, 2005  

DUDE! VAMPIRE CLASS! woot. that looks seriously awesome.

good luck on all your tests. I know you will do WONDERFULLY on them!

Hope you are feeling better.

*skips off*

KMJ

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:44 PM, December 15, 2005  

Post a Comment