wDec 11, 2005


the greatest thing you'll ever learn is that love is an illusion.

Thing are mostly going well. I have thus far averted the stress of finals by not being productive at all....heehee. I think I'll be okay, though. I'll try as hard as I can, and that's all I can do. I will not feel bad about myself for not being perfect. I know I'm learning a lot and I'm getting a valuable education and it's not like I'm getting straight Cs - I'm just not getting As. 'SOKAY.

I did feel sick/weak last night, so basically all I did was lie in bed and read and eat saltine crackers. It was relaxing, though, so that was good.

Today was also pretty low-key. I felt better most of the day. We went shopping on the east side and I got a lot of Christmas shopping. Also, they had 3 of the Hellsing manga that I needed at Half-Price books for $5.98 each (normally $13.95, OMFWTG), so that was really exciting. IT'S SO GOOD. Mwaha. I keep turning around and looking at my bookshelf. The bold red really makes it stand out.

I've been meaning to post pictures in here - I have a lot from when it snowed, and I'd like to post some from the room, but it appears that I can't log into my webspace until December 12th. Or something.

Anyway, we ate lunch at Panera, which was quite tastey! Mmmm, portabella mushroom sandwiches! Getting a lot of shopping done felt good, 'though looking through things like jewelry makes it difficult to not start buying things for yourself, :/ Ah well.

Tonight was also the last Anime Club of the semester. Samurai Champloo I had already seen, but after seeing the end of Gunslinger Girl, I've decided that I really like it. It's messed up because the premise is taking these young girls (like, 7-12) and training them how to be ruthless assassins, but it's endearing, in a sense. The episodes seems slow, but they're not - they're all basically character studies, and they do a masterful job at it, and it's very thought-provoking. Most of the episodes were quite sad, but not in the Evangelion-way that makes you feel sick inside. The animation and the music are also beautiful. I really loved the last episode.

We also watched "Tokyo Godfathers," as it's Christmas. I love that movie! Seriously, even if you don't like anime, you should watch it. The animation is beautifully detailed, the plot is sad/hilarious/intricate/surprising, and the characters are endearing. Basically, three homeless people (a transvestite, an alcoholic man who used to have a family, and a runaway teenager) discover a baby in the trash on Christmas. Hana, the transvestite, is convinced that the child is sent/protected by God, and the movie becomes an effort to find the baby's true home, while learning about the pasts of all of the main characters, and how their lives and that of the baby's are both directly and indirectly connected.

Anyway, I should go to bed. Tomorrow, I'm actually forcing myself to study. :/

Current Music: El Tango de Roxanne - Moulin Rouge
scribbled mystickeeper at 2:03 AM
5 comments
5 Comments:

Awww, Tokyo Godfathers sounds like a really sweet movie!! I'm glad you're feeling better. Sorry I didn't call you back, basically, 2 minutes after you called I spilled chocolate syrup all over myself, had 6 imperious and bitchy customers, and generally wanted to shoot myself ALL DAY.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 8:57 AM, December 11, 2005  

Oh no! Don't worry about it, I figured you were busy or something.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 11:15 AM, December 11, 2005  

And PS, you MUST see Tokyo Godfathers!!! I love it!! It made me cry quite a few times the first time I saw it, ;_; (not that that means anything, as I now cry when I watch Bambi...)

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 12:28 PM, December 11, 2005  

Sometimes I cry when I watch the screensaver thing that comes up when there's no DVD in the DVD player. It's just... so very sad that the logo never quite bounces in the corners...

By Blogger Gretchen, at 1:35 PM, December 11, 2005  

Oh my God!

;_;

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 1:42 PM, December 11, 2005  

Post a Comment