wNov 27, 2005


The Rest of Vacation

So, my last blog entry was a little messed up but I really don't feel like elaborating on its source in here. If you want to know what happened, feel free to contact through other forms of media.


On Friday I woke up at 3:30 and worked from 4:30 to 1:00. It wasn't that bad because we were pretty busy the whole time. After work...bah, this is why I blog every day. I can never remember what happened. I think I came home and slept for a few hours, showered, ate dinner with my parents. Then we went to Laura's house and made cookies (well, I only frosted a few) and played Scrabble. Talked. Being with my friends this vacation felt really good, and very unlike last year. I think it's probably mostly me not being stupid any more...I don't know what it is, but it feels the way it's supposed to, which is a wonderful feeling. My friendships feel like they did in high school once again, like everything is as it should be.

But anyway. Saturday I had to get up at 5:00 to work. Saturday was much worse than Friday, because we had very few customers before 9:00. After that it started to get pretty busy, but meh. After that, Laura, Shannon, and I figured out how we were going to work out what we were doing for Brian from all of our friends, and we also went over and visited him. Went to church, ate at Fazoli's with Lindsey and Ryan. After that, we were going to go see Harry Potter at 7:30, but it was sold out. Mom called me around that time to ask where I was, which was odd because she never does that. She had been gone when I had been home in the afternoon after work, and I assumed that she working, as I knew she worked on Sunday. But she said, "I switched with someone for today so that we could do something." And even though we hadn't had anything planned, I felt really bad about it. But we rented "Fever Pitch" with Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore and me, Lindsey, Laurs, and Ryan watched it with my mom. It was a cute movie! I want a guy like Jimmy Fallon, ;D

After that....well, Jason and Tom showed up in my driveway but I made them leave so I could run to Eric's and see him and a few other people. I didn't stay long, though. Tom and Jason and I stopped at several places before acquiring Sarah and then hanging out at Jason's for a while. We were having these deep conversations and then my lack of sleep and the comfort of being with friends kind of washed over me and I fell asleep. I'm really glad that I got to spend time with them, though. I saw just about everyone that I wanted to see over vacation, and even though I didn't get nearly enough homework (practically none!) finished, I'm glad. Feeling this good about friendships is worth it.

I got home about 1:30, and slept like a rock. Julie came over and woke me up around 10:00 and we went to a bagel store for brunch. We also went to Barnes and Noble, and then came home for a bit. And then I came back here to school, where I've basically done nothing all evening except for unpacking. I should eat something, I feel like I'm going to pass out....Okay, better now.

So yeah. This weekend was (mostly, except for some obvious things) pretty awesome. Negative realizations included trading "boy stories" with Heather and Lindsey, and realizing that my stories are all, "Well this was almost a potential relationship until _______." My boy life is pathetic. I don't need a guy to validate myself or to like myself but seriously I am so sick of being single.
Also, I realized this weekend that at home, my friends are all way different me in so many ways. But here, that's not really true and I think that's part of why things sometimes feel stagnant here. I mean, obviously I love my friends here too, but there is a level of sameness I'd like there to disappear. Or maybe there just needs to be a higher quantity of friends. Maybe so, yes. I need to meet random people somehow.
Another realization is that I feel a lot better about life, and feel much more like me, when I am heinously busy. Maybe if I didn't waste so much of my afternoons/evenings doing jack shit at school, this wouldn't be much of a problem. This issue will probably be the easiest to rectify.

Anyway, here's hoping that I can haul ass on the two papers I have due at the end of the week, :/

Current Music: Again I Go Unnoticed - Dashboard Confessional
scribbled mystickeeper at 10:44 PM
1 comments
1 Comments:

I think you're pretty cool, Jackie. I don't see you as much as I'd like to. I think it's good to surround yourself with people who are different from you. I actually rather enjoyed my stay on my floor in the dorm last year. Though there's something to be said for having a best friend or two down the hall...

By Blogger Gretchen, at 6:55 PM, November 28, 2005  

Post a Comment