wOct 8, 2005


time for bed

Yes, Kevin; Yes, Ryan - please revel in my awesomeness. XD

I'm usually not a huge fan of Homecoming stuff (gasp), but this year's theme is Pirates! I definitely want to buy a pirate!Bucky shirt, but I don't know which one. So you should help me decide. I'm mostly stuck between the black long-sleeve and the BLOOD RED hoodie.

This afternoon was pretty cool, for a Friday. My Comparative Politics paper was handed in, so now I just have to focus on the Political Theory midterm for Monday and the Geology midterm for Tuesday. In order to help study for the latter, I went to the Geology Museum with Louise and Eunice. Our professor was there, and he pointed out what we should look at, so that was cool. He also unlocked the "Geology Store" for me. Like a giddy five-year-old, I bought a little quartz rock and half of a split open geode. It was exciting.

Then Louise came with me to the Copy Shop, where I left 7 Sailor Moon pictures from a 2003 calendar to be laminated....HAHAHAHAHA! I want them up on the wall, yo, and I don't want them ripped when I take them off. It wasn't too embarassing, though, because we actually know the person who helped us from Anime Club. I win!

Louise and I made our way to Frugal Muse. That store is so awesome. If only because the owner knows Neil Gaiman. KNOWS him! He said that they were the only store that was selling signed copies of Anansi Boys. Wah! I bought Sandman #5 there - I want to buy them all at some point, but Louise has 2-4 so I shouldn't have to buy those for a while. It was like, a 25% off deal there.
I also found a collection called "Hauntings: Tales of the Supernatural." I've been doing ghost-hunting research online for this NanoWrimo idea that I've had, and the books seemed pretty cool. Only $5. Contributors include H.P. Lovecraft, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Henry James, H.G. Wells, and a lot of other guys. I've only read the first one so far, but it was really good and the author used to edit The Capital Times around 75 years ago - hopefully they'll get even better! Researching ghost hunting is pretty interesting. I don't really know if I believe in ghosts or not, but learning about all of the techniques and this whole....subculture and everything seems pretty cool. This story will be interesting, if only I can write it. We'll see what happens when November comes.

After that, we went to the comic book store. They had the new Runaways! So I had to get that too. Here are my spoils:

Yes, this is where all of my money goes!


Bwah. Louise and I ate at Chipotle, which I think is part of the source of my tummy problems. After that was just hanging out in Louise's/Kristen's room with Kevin and later, Steph. Kevin made some D&D characters for us, and we will supposedly learn to play at some point. I have a Halfling who seems to be a spirited fighter. Go me.

I'm feeling sickly again and I'm not sure why. Random stomach twistings, stuffiness, and a sore throat. :/ I know our room is really dry - the a/c and whatever trying to keep the mold away. I'm going to snuggle under lots of blankets tonight whilst clutching stuffed puppies and hope that it's gone in the morning, as I have a lot planned for tomorrow, before buckling down on Sunday for this midterm business.
scribbled mystickeeper at 1:21 AM
5 comments
5 Comments:

Red hoodie all the way HO

By Blogger Unknown, at 5:18 PM, October 08, 2005  

Sorry, anonymous commentor - I thank you for your offer of a ninja sword, but alas there are some graphic images that need not be present in my blog, as friends' mothers tend to read it.

By Blogger mystickeeper, at 2:56 PM, October 09, 2005  

I'm so confussed. >)

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:07 PM, October 09, 2005  

What's to be confused about? Ninjas pwn pirates forever and ever Amen. You could go as a ninja and just act surprised, like you thought you were supposed to go as a ninja or something. I think it would be hella funny if you poisoned the punch and killed all the weak-ass pirates and lied to the police and said they were a pirate cult and they all wanted to die so they could ride Comet Hale-Bopp to heaven in Nikes.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:15 PM, October 09, 2005  

Ah just read Ogre's comment. Sorry about that, man. Oh and Censorship rulez. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:18 PM, October 09, 2005  

Post a Comment