wOct 14, 2005


it all returns to nothing, it just keeps letting me down, letting me down, letting me down

It really shows when I start a blog entry in the middle of the day, and then add more later.

At the book sale today, I got 5 books. A novel by Albert Camus (The Stranger), a book of criticisms by some Freudian guy on Hamlet and Oedipus, "Murder in the Cathedral" by T.S. Eliot, and the tragedy book that we used in College Credit English because that's how much of a geek I am. It's out of print! (My copy was given to Jake to use) The prettiest book I got was a copy of Evangeline, along with other poems by Longfellow. I remember when I read Evangeline for the first time. I was in 7th grade, and it was for some English or Social Studies class, in the textbook, and I looked all over the Middle School library trying to find it until I realized that we had it in our basement.
This is the forest primeval. The murmuring pines and the hemlocks,
Bearded with moss, and in garments green, indistinct in the twilight,
Stand like Druids of eld, with voices sad and prophetic,
Stand like harpers hoar, with beards that rest on their bosoms.
Loud from its rocky caverns, the deep-voiced neighboring ocean
Speaks, and in accents disconsolate answers the wail of the forest.

...Ye who believe in affection that hopes, and endures, and is patient,
Ye who believe in the beauty and strength of woman's devotion,
List to the mournful tradition still sung by the pines of the forest;
List to a Tale of Love in Acadie, home of the happy.


Aww, I remember when I finished read it and was like, ;_; I took a picture of it, but I'm too lazy to upload it 'cause now, I'm up in my bed.

50 Reasons Why You Should See "Serenity."

I was angry with two of my TAs today. One of them because they enjoy talking for 40 minutes of the 50 minute lab, leaving absolutely no time to learn specimens, and the other because of comments on the paper I had to write about first becoming aware of my race. I fully intend to write an email, but I just really disagree with some if the things they wrote. I recognize that racism is real and I understand what we've learned in class, but the paper was supposed to be about US. Maybe I'll write about it in more detail after I've discussed it with the TA.

Other than that....not sure what to say. A person definitely should not dread spending time with their friends or their family. That doesn't make any sense. But such issues are for the journal and not the blog. Heh. If anyone ever read that thing....

Current Music: Come, Sweet Death - The End of Evangelion soundtrack
scribbled mystickeeper at 12:51 AM
0 comments
0 Comments:

Post a Comment