wOct 5, 2005


If we don't continue to run forward, there is no future!

Today was pretty awesome, if only for small things.  I met with one of my TAs to discuss a paper that’s due Friday.  That’s been sucking up a lot of time, and I sadly have a Political Theory midterm on Monday and a Geology midterm on Tuesday, so I think I’m going to be a little stressed for the next couple of days.
I stopped at the Rathskellar to do a reading assignment and decided that when reading, I focus much better in an atmosphere like that.  There are clusters of people talking everywhere, but for some reason it’s easier to concentrate.  I should do it more often – I’d get more homework done!
Steph brought me her extra sushi tonight and it tasted good.
And Charley was online.  I haven’t talked to him since May or something, so that was also very good.

This weekend might turn out to be cool.  Saturday is this thing called “Arts Night Out” and there are a lot of cool events.  I might just have to skip Anime Club to watch the cool things.  For example, there’s going to be a kabuki Macbeth, :O  Kick ass!  At least there will be awesome mixed in with stressed, panicked studying.

Steph is growing cannibalistic prehistoric animals in our room: they are called triops.  If you go to school here, you should come and see them!  They are in the process of hatching, but those born swim around and eat their siblings.

Also, I have an important question for you all!  Should I try participating in NanoWrimo this year?  For those who don’t know, NanoWrimo is an Internet group in which you write a 50,000-word novel during the month of November.  I wouldn’t beat myself up about not making it, but I would really like to try hard.  Ever since Ryan mentioned a ghost-hunting group at his college, the idea’s been festering inside of me as a plot.  So many possibilities!  Relationship/teenage angst, finding actual ghosts, finding secrets of the town/school, running from cops for trespassing, etc.  Let me know what you think!

If you haven’t heard of Facebook yet, you probably live in a cave.  But facebook is a website on which college students (and now, apparently, high school miscreants) can create online profiles for themselves.  It’s basically a better organized LJ profile – you list your interests and can click to find others who have the same ones.  People list their favorite books, movies, etc. and friend people from their school and others.  As there are many people who go to college that don’t know how to use the Internet, many facebook users insert pictures of themselves with alcohol and use their “walls” as places for shout-outs.

I think that my favorite thing about facebook is finding awesomely named groups.  Tonight, I joined “Students for Dinosaurs Reconquering Earth.”  I found another group called “Support Group for Those With a General Dislike of Wind.”  Its description reads A group for those people who want wind to stop being a dick and leave everyone alone already.  I find it hilarious, but alas, I like the wind, so I cannot join.  :/

Not all of you have facebook (if you are, you should friend me!), so I will share with you some of my favorite amusing groups (aside from obligatory ones like “Final Fantasy Indeed” and “West Wing Staffers”):
Flip Your Collar Down, You Douche Bag
People Who List the Da Vinci Code as their Favorite Book Obviously Don’t Read Very Much
Stay at Home Ninjas
People Who Wish There Was a Bitchslap Button Instead of a Poke Button
If there are Multiple People in your Facebook Picture, I Have to Assume You Are the Ugliest One
I Wish I Was Drinking in My Facebook Pic, But I Guess I’m Not That Lame
And lastly,
Bullshit!  Paper Can’t Beat Rock!  It has the best description ever, but it’s too long to post here, :/

Current Music: Black Water - Advent Children soundtrack
scribbled mystickeeper at 11:32 PM
3 comments
3 Comments:

You should do NaNoWriMo. That would be awesome.

By Blogger Louise, at 8:13 AM, October 06, 2005  

You should do NaNoWriMo! You'd rock solidly at it.

My favorite crazy group I'm in is called "People Who are Going To Turn Halloween '05 Into a Massive Zombie (and Zombie-Hunting) Zeitgeist" It 'minds me of last year when we did the zombie spree. Speaking of zombie movies, I totally bought 28 Days Later, so we should watch that sometime in scifi when we feel like getting the crap scared out of us.

By Blogger Gretchen, at 9:25 AM, October 06, 2005  

I as well am I member if flip your collar down you douchebag....the whitewater chapter of course.. Lol.

By Blogger Laurs, at 11:02 AM, October 06, 2005  

Post a Comment