wSep 17, 2005


Tiny plotted plants are so cute!

Firstly, I will explain the pictures used in my new "layout" (Gordon tells me that as the layout is actually the same, and only the colors and images have changed, it's not a new layout), as that is the tradition in my blog. The user icon on the sidebar is Tifa and Cloud, from the video game Final Fantasy VII, when they make their promise. And the banner on the top is an image from the exact same flashback (Tifa's a little taller 'cause they're adolescents and Cloud is puny as a child), only it's from the Last Order OVA, which shows some of the events of FF7. Last Order was all right, but it definitely would've been cooler if they had used more music from the game. It was so...creepy in the game, and I didn't get the same vibes from this. But it was still pretty cool. Advent Children will make sense plot-wise if you haven't played the game, but I'm pretty certain that Last Order won't make any sense. Especially if you only played half of the game. ...Hehehe.

I don't know why I was dreading the weekend so much. It's been pretty awesome so far. Last night, we didn't do a whole lot. Chad, Gordon, and Paul came over to our room and watched Steph and I hang some lights. That's why I haven't put up any pictures of our room yet, by the way. I'd like to wait until all of the lights are up and then I can show you how awesome it is. I also affixed glow-in-the-dark stars to the ceiling above my bed. I used this blue putty stuff and then kept giggling because I thought it looked like the stars peed on the ceiling. Everyone else disagreed with that, but oh well. ;) We watched Family Guy and then when everyone had left, Steph started a game of FF7 because she'd like to play it and then watch Advent Children. YES.

This morning, Chad, Steph, and I went to the Farmer's Market. Madison's Farmer's Market is pretty famous. People set up tents all around Capitol Square and it's awesome. The food was so good! They had cheese samples everywhere. Cheese with herbs in it is so good! I bought a bag of grape tomatoes, freshly-made cheese curds (squeaky and delicious!), and a cactus-type plant, except it isn't prickly. Observe.



Yay! And then I ate a bitchload of vegetables and stuff for lunch and now I feel pretty awesome. If I can get a reasonable amount of homework done this afternoon, then life will be even better! I talked to my mom for a little bit on the phone, though. She said a patient kicked her really hard in the head last night (she's a nurse), so that sucks. Poor Mom, :/ Olivia and Dylan had their first swimming lesson this morning, though, so I'll have to call them to learn about it. I miss my family! I think we're going to go home in a couple weeks, though. Steph was right. It either feels like way too long since you've last been home, or like you're not spending enough time in Madison. Anyway, about that homework....

Current Music: Hurry!, Anxious Heart, ShinRa Corporation - Final Fantasy VII video game music (nostalgia, :O)


EDIT: I forgot to mention this. I think the Reuters reporter is a bit of an ass for making such a big deal about it, but it's still amusing. Even presidents have to pee! At least he was polite about it. If that had been me, I would've written something like, "Where's the freaking bathroom and how many morons do I have to listen to befor I can use it?"
scribbled mystickeeper at 1:42 PM
4 comments
4 Comments:

New layout = awesome, I love the banner up top.

I miss good cheese! It's tougher to come by down here in Indiana.

Yay for vegetables!

And that last snippet about the President made me feel better about my own overactive bladder. (That sounds odd, but I seriously have to pee all the time...!!

That is all. :-)

By Blogger Sarah, at 1:05 PM, September 18, 2005  

Good color choice. My eyes don't feel like they are going pop out of my head with the orange.

Farmers: that sounds so much better than the one Green Bay >O. I wish we had that shit up here. It would also be nice not to have to eat pure crap all the time too.

Sounds like you're life is groovy. Until next sunday--BYE

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:03 PM, September 18, 2005  

AND YOUR POOR MOM! I hope she's ok.

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:09 PM, September 18, 2005  

I love the blue!! :D

By Blogger Jenny, at 8:02 PM, September 18, 2005  

Post a Comment