wSep 7, 2005


My Day So Far

Okay, so I decide I'd like to read this morning issue of The Daily Cardinal. In our dorm, they're kept in the lobby. So, I leave the room. I remember walking at the end of the hallway. And then my memory stops, and then I remember walking past a housefellow's room thinking to myself, "Hmm, she has the same name as my housefellow." And I walked to the end of the hallway, but there were only stairs - no way to get the 4000-block. I got really confused and turned around and look on the number on the door, which said 5200 (the floor directly above mine, which I would have no purpose in needing to walk on). I can't remember getting to the 5200-floor....and I walked the completely opposite way that I needed to go. I wonder if this is how old people feel when they get senile. Just to make things awesome, we didn't have any copies of the Cardinal. And I didn't have my key, so I had to walk back through the dining room. For those who don't know, I kind of look like a crazed serial killer in the morning, due to curly hair and dark circles under the eyes.

Then I decided to try reading this reading I have for Comparative Ethnic Studies. The reading is here. Yes, it is 100 pages. It's basically an entire history of an entire race of people, and it's 100 pages long. So I emailed my TA, asking him how much we were responsible for. Which will win me points, I'm sure. :P

Then I decided to call UHS and schedule an appointment. Only to realize that they're open at 8:30 every day of the week EXCEPT Wednesdays.

So yeah. It's going to be an awesome day, especially with this disoriented random black-out aspect. I just hope I can get my ass to class....


EDIT: So I think I've discovered what my disorientation problem is. I'm sitting at my desk telling Steph I plan to buy about five more bags of Ricola throat drops. And Steph says, "Jackie, how many of those have you taken?" And I say, "Umm, I don't know. I had a shitload last night before bed. And a shitload this morning when I got up."
"Jackie, you know that there are medicated doses for those, right?"
".....No...."
"Read the back!"
"....take 2 doses every two hours....Shit...."

SO. I think that explains the giggle fest I had before bed last night, and also why I blacked out this morning and couldn't figure out how I got on the wrong side of the hall above mine. I was probably legally intoxicated. Awesome.

Also, I called the UHS people, who are apparently booked for the next couple of days. I described my symptoms to a nurse over the phone, who told me it definitely didn't sound like strep, and instead was maybe a virus. I've been instructed to consume a gallon of water today, :O So far, I've consumed 40 ounces. I might as well live in the bathroom.
scribbled mystickeeper at 8:33 AM
1 comments
1 Comments:

I thought it was funny how even though insisted on getting up at 7:30 when I did, even though you could've slept until 9:30, you decided to march up to the front desk where the showered and made-up world is operating to grab a newspaper in your pajamas and death stare. Very good, Jackie, very good.

I can't even remember what you were laughing at last night, but I said something very retarded and you almost died over it. Hugs are better than drugs.

I haven't seen you all day, I hope you make it back home eventually in your medicated stupor.

By Blogger Steph, at 9:42 PM, September 07, 2005  

Post a Comment